Have you seen “The Moment of Truth”? This show makes zero sense to me. I watched the first episode, and got so angry that I stopped watching it. Tonight, there is crap on, and I already flipped the switch to get HD over the air. I’m holding out to see what is on at 8:00.
Here is what they do:
- Ask the contestant 50 questions, while hooked up to the lie detector. This is not on the show.
- The contestant goes on the show, answers a subset of the questions they were already asked.
- The contestant looks around stupidly for a while to stall.
- The contestant answers.
- The audience makes a “shocked” sound.
- A computerized voice says “that answer is”.
- 30 seconds passes, while everyone looks around.
- The computerized voice says whether or not it’s true.
This show should be a piece of cake. The contestant KNOWS the F$%#ing questions they could be asked. Why do they act shocked when they hear a question? Some even say that there can’t be any questions worse than the ones they’ve answered already. Again, THEY KNOW THE QUESTIONS!!!! They know ahead of time that their marriage will be destroyed if they answer them, yet they choose to continue.
Some of the contestants, when they think it is getting too bad, give up and take the money. Their spouse has to know that the answers to the rest of the questions have to be worse than what they’re already heard. Leaving the show doesn’t change that. At that point, why don’t they stay on the show and make an easy $500,000?
Do you think that’s the worst of it? Of course not. Remember, the contestants know the answers to the questions (you know, because it’s the truth). Some of these people are actually stupid enough to answer incorrectly!
Imagine if I told you that you could be on a game show, I’ll give you all the answers, all you have to do is regurgitate them. How dumb do you have to be to not go with the answers I give you?